December 4 -20, 2019
1. Kinderszen – childhood game # 1 (Marie Antoinette). Oil on canvas, 80 x 60 x 3.8 cm
2. Kinderszen – child game # 2 (Ludwig II). Oil on canvas, 80 x 60 x 3.8 cm
3. Kinderszen – child game # 3 (Nicholas II). Oil on canvas, 80 x 60 x 3.8 cm
4. Kinderszen – child game # 4 (Sissi). Oil on canvas, 80 x 60 x 3.8 cm
5. Kinderszen – child game # 5 (Henry IV). Oil on canvas, 80 x 60 x 3.8 cm
Installations and sculptures
1. Santiago. Shell, stucco, oil on canvas. 9.5 x 11 x 1.8 cm
2. The sword in the rock. Steel sword, Shower set, 95 x 20 x 5 cm
3. APelle. Steel wire, polyurethane foam, cotton, arrows. Variable dimensions
photo by Marco Fronteddu
Elio Ticca (Nuoro, 1988) lives and works in Brussels.
Graduated at IUAV University of Venice and at University of Leeds, in the UK, the artist explores the relationships between historical and contemporary artistic languages. By referencing preliminary sources, his pieces are meant to be unpredictable, sometimes ironical visual dialogues. His work also reinterprets conceptual milestones such as authorship and autography, through a meditated process of camouflage and invention. The red thread of his work is the study on the representation of emotional states, mixing art-historical sources with contemporary artistic languages.